- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
The George Washington University co-curricular programs are pre-semester programs sponsored by the Center for Student Engagement (CSE) and the Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service (CCEPS). These programs generally run the week prior to the start of school. Students in SEAS, and those participating in the Women's Leadership Program, are not eligible to attend a co-curricular program, as the dates conflict with each other.
Please note: GW's Hillel is offered through the local chapter of the National Hillel student organization and SEAS New Student Getaway is offered through the School of Engineering.
For additional information or to register visit the program website listed below.
- Community Building Community (CBC) fosters a collaborative and fun atmosphere of sustained community service within GW by connecting 200 incoming freshmen to service opportunities in the District. For two and a half days every summer, a CBC Guide will facilitate service with you and a team of 8-10 fellow freshmen. To learn more, visit the Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service website and the Community Building Community website.
- Leadership Exploration and Development (LEAD) GW is a dynamic program for incoming first-year students that is designed to help you explore your passions, grow as a leader, and start your GW leadership journey. LEAD GW is an application based program. Apply to be a part of the program when registering for CI.
- The GW Bound outdoor experience is called Adventure Bound. Challenge yourself with an experience like no other! Enjoy outdoor activities that are sure to build lasting memories. Choose from six different outdoor adventure programs - designed to fit all levels of outdoor skills from beginners to experts. For more information please contact the Center for Student Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-994-6555. Charges for GW Bound will appear at the conclusion of your CI registration.
- Jump into freshmen year with GW HIllel's LaunchPad, a unique way to start your experience with Jewish Life at GW. Explore DC with upperclassmen while connecting to your new community. Learn more about all GW Hillel has to offer at www.gwhillel.org. GW Hillel's LaunchPad is offered through GW Hillel, a chapter of the national Hillel student organization, and is not a GW or Colonial Inauguration sponsored event.
- SEAS New Student Getaway. Please contact the School of Engineering at (202) 994-6080 or visit the SEAS New Student Getaway website for more information.